Stair lift Technician6/12/2014
Handicare – Allentown, PA USA
Handicare is an international company that offers aid equipment solutions and support to increase the independence of disabled or elderly people as well as to improve the convenience of those who are caring for them. It is our mission to make everyday life easier. Due to increased business demand the company is looking to expand the US workforce. Handicare is seeking to fill a new role for Accessibility Tech Support that will be located in our convenient Allentown, PA Location. The position will directly report to the Vice President of Accessibility.
• Deliver technical and support training to dealers/engineers on our stair lift products and installations
• Escalation and management of key technical problems.
• Participate in an out of hours dealer support rotation
• Plan and deliver professional in house and public training services for stair lifts
• Be prepared to travel to any site where a training installation needs to occur
• Keep manager informed of all your activities and maintain an accurate diary
• Conduct assessments (either desk-based or on client’s sites) in accordance with established procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relationships
• Complete all chargeable work within the required budget and timeframe to ensure customer satisfaction and efficiency of the business.
• Ensure completion of all assigned work and relevant documentation in accordance with required procedures and standards to fulfill customer expectations
• Manage personal schedule to work efficiently and to meet target chargeability requirements as defined by your Line Manager
• Travel as required
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
• Effective interpersonal skills; able to develop good working relationships with people at all levels and of all nationalities
• IT literate i.e. competent in the use of MS Office applications
• Proficient English language sufficient to be able to troubleshoot in English, receive and deliver all training in English and write reports in English
• International approach and willingness to travel to any affiliate and spend time away from home
• Knowledge of US elevator/stair lift regulations and requirements
• Experience of working under own initiative and in planning and prioritizing workloads
• Proven track record in stair lift products or similar (minimum of 3 years).
• Experience in delivering technical training.
• Experience in providing technical support (minimum 3 years)
• Good working knowledge of health and safety regulations.
• Ability to carry out installations with dealer engineers
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent customer care skills and ability to deal with and resolve customer complaints.
• First rate organizational and trouble shooting skills.
• Flexible approach to working hours.
• Must be willing to travel at short notice and stay away from home when necessary.
• Ability to cover an out of hours support rotation
Handicare is an equal opportunity employer.